The Legacy of the Worldwide Church of God

What it was like growing up in a cult and its impact on my life and others like me.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Petition to Congress

I have a friend whose family has suffered abuse by the hands of Jehovahs Witnesses and whose abusers were protected by that church. Her organization is doing a lot to promote awareness of spiritual abuse and is a worthy cause. She sent me some information concerning one congressman, Stephen F. Lynch who they hope will help them. There will be a meeting Monday May 9th at 10:00am in Boston to discuss the issuses of sexual abuse and abuse in churches and what can be done about it.

For more information see this link:

info@silentlambs.org

There is also an online petition to congress which can be signed:

http://www.amatteroftruth.org

Abusive spiritual groups practice control of their members and protect their leadership for their own gain. Abusive leaders should be held accountable for their actions. A good leader gives of himself and his organization and doesnt bring harm to his own members.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Felix Taylor, Jr. said…

    I wish I can sign the petition but I am Canadian residing in, of course, Canada (Toronto, Ontario)! My prayers and thoughts are with you on this mission and I pray that they will be some success out of it.

    I am planning someday a political career and as a potential Premier of Ontario or Prime Minister of Canada, Armstrongites, Jehovah Witnesses, or whatever cult is going to most assuredly feel my heavy-handedness on matters like these. I hope politicians in the U.S. will not be afraid to use their heavy-handedness on abusive groups too!

    Blessings to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home